羽地大川修補日記 評定所(写)/Reconstruction report of the Ōkawa River in Haneji (copy)| 琉球・沖縄関係貴重資料 デジタルアーカイブ

031/島袋源七文庫

羽地大川修補日記 評定所(写)/Reconstruction report of the Ōkawa River in Haneji (copy)

解説(Description)

  • 日本語
  • English

羽地間切(現在は名護市の一部)を流れる大浦川(別名大川)はしばしば氾濫を起こし、地域住民の農業や生活に大きな被害をもたらした。
優良な水田地帯であるこの地域の窮状を打開しようと首里王府が乗り出し、大規模な河川改修事業が推進された。王府の担当官が現地に
駐在して、土木工事のほうは1735年8月から翌年1月にかけて行なわれたが、工事がピークに達した段階で1日に2586人、3ヶ月で93270人
に及ぶ農民が国頭全域から動員された。工事報告書は御物奉行田里親方・評定所筆者相附源河筑登之親雲上らの手でまとめられた。
工事全体を指揮・監督したのが有名な蔡温である。原本は失われており、大正15(1926)年7月18日に島袋源七が写したものが本書であり、
現存する唯一の貴重な史料である。

Title: Haneji Ōkawa shūho nikki (Reconstruction report of the Ōkawa River in Haneji [copy]).

The Ōura River (also known as the Ōkawa River) which ran through Haneji Magiri (present-day a part of Nago City)
often had flooding and brought great damage to agriculture and lives of the local residents. The Shuri royal government
decided to break through the difficult situation that this region of excellent rice paddy fields had and conducted a large-
scale river construction project. The officials from the royal government were stationed on site and the construction was
carried out from August, 1735 through January of the following year. At its peak of the construction, the total number of
farmers collected from all of the Kunigami area per day had reached 2,586 and 93,270 in a three-month period.

This construction report was made by Tasato Uēkata from omonobugyō (a division of the royal government) and Genka
Chikudun Pēchin from hyōjōsho hissha aitsuke (the secretary of the administrative office of Ryukyu). Sai On, a renowned
figure of Ryukyu, directed and supervised the entire construction work. The original document of this event was lost and
this manuscript was copied by Shimabukuro Genshichi on July 18, 1926. Therefore, it is the only existing document
regarding this event.

(Updated on March 15, 2016)

詳細

横にフリックしてページを閲覧できます。

羽地大川修補日記 評定所(写)/Reconstruction report of the Ōkawa River in Haneji (copy)

閉じて一覧へ戻る

 トップへ戻る